Our December 2020 Graduates

15 Dec 2020

Graduation looks a little different for the Class of 2020 at The University of Queensland. COVID-19 has forced the postponement of on-campus graduation ceremonies. Instead, there'll be an ;online celebration.

Here we learn about just a few of the students who have completed their studies in a very challenging year.

Engineering a sustainable solution to climate change

A passion for sustainable energy and reversing climate change are the issues that motivate University of Queensland engineering graduate Kailin Graham.

The Fulbright scholar has completed his Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Chemical after a busy five years at UQ.

Mr Graham said he had always thought climate change was important.

“I realised during an internship that sustainable energy is the field where I can apply my degree and still have an impact on this big issue and feel like I am contributing to the solution,” Mr Graham said.

“After that I made an active effort to tailor my studies and my professional experience to that.”

While at UQ, Mr Graham completed a one semester exchange at McGill University in Canada through the Gus Wiles Scholarship, and became a Global Experience Student Leader to encourage other engineering students to do likewise.

“I made a lot of friends from all over the world during that semester and it opened my eyes to the possibilities,” he said.

Read more